Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Arc1031

Help to understand "Top 150 Clans" icon

Hello,

I use Aslain mod pack and always used the "Top 150 Clans" but now there is no choice for this only "Full NA Clans".  Aslain says its now done by XVM, so how do I get these? Use "Full NA" or pick nothing  and will XVM show them? And if I pick "Full NA" are these only the top 150 or all clans because I see clans that are lower in standings by over 1000?

Thanks!

Edited by Arc1031

Short link

Today I unchecked the box in the mod pack for "Full NA" icons and have none after 30 games. Using the "Full NA" I have every player in a clan showing a icon, I really liked having the top 150 working right.

Short link

English

Since XVM 6.0 the top GM clan icons system is changed.

Briefly there are two main positions:
1) Clan icons are excluded from the mod archive and are downloaded from server automatically;
2) The criteria for top clans is changed from ivanerr.ru to Elo clan rating for GM.

More info about transition to server functionality.
In previous releases the clan icons were manually added to mod archive. Now XVM server monitors top clans and at the client start the list is downloaded. When a top clan member is met in battle his clan icon is downloaded from XVM server. What it gives:
+ Obsolete icons of clans, who left top are not mixed with new ones;
+ Top list update 8 times per day, not once per XVM release;
+ Always an actual icon (if a clan changes it);
+ Decreasing mod archive size;
+ [not implemented yet] Setting of clan number to be treated as top in personal cabinet (top 100, top 150 ... top 1000);
Also the old functionality for displaying the icons from clanicons folder is left, so you may add there the clans you want.

Details on rating change.
Previously the ivanerr.ru clan rating was used. Now it will be Elo rating (right column eGM here EU, NA).

"Info about Elo rating"

Link to a rating change discussion topic: http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/17422-

What it gives us:
+ Clan rating does not depend on aspects like number of players or their vehicles - it depends only on results if clan battles;
+ There is no ability to increase rating by inviting players with higher stats or bigger amount of vehicles;
+ Rating can be remarkably increased only by fighting strong rivals and winning those battles.

taken from here

Short link

Thanks for this. So "In previous releases the clan icons were manually added to mod archive. Now XVM server monitors top clans and at the client start the list is downloaded. When a top clan member is met in battle his clan icon is downloaded from XVM server.". It's a really neat step forward and thank you. A few comments/Qs:

1) "the old functionality for displaying the icons from clanicons folder is left, so you may add there the clans you want." so that's great as long as you can find a source for the top 150 that are no longer included in the xvm download (though you can still download ALL clan icons separately from xvm site), and put them in the new 9.6 folder structure @ ...\res_mods\mods\shared_resources\xvm\res\clanicons\NA\clan.

2) But how/where to access the icons as downloaded using the new system? First what is now defined as "top clan" until "[not implemented yet] Setting of clan number to be treated as top in personal cabinet (top 100, top 150 ... top 1000);" is completed? Is it still top 150?

3) Second how to display them using current .xc structure? battle.xc seems to contain (global?) source with "clanIconsFolder": "clanicons/", // Path to clan icons folder relative to res_mods/mods/shared_resources/xvm/res. Does this need to change (it works now with what's described in 1)? And what needs to change to display clan icon in, for example say, markersAliveExtended.xc where "clanIcon": { "visible": true, "x": 0, "y": -80, "w": 20, "h": 20, "alpha": 75 }, is used (by me) currently? A new macro perhaps?

Any help or a working example appreciated.

Edited by Catch21

Short link

1. no comments.

- But how/where to access the icons as downloaded using the new system?

загружаются автоматически

- Setting of clan number to be treated as top in personal cabinet (top 100, top 150 ... top 1000);" is completed? Is it still top 150?

еще не реализованы

- Second how to display them using current .xc structure?

weird question

battle.xc seems to contain (global?) source with "clanIconsFolder": "clanicons/",

// Path to clan icons folder relative to res_mods/mods/shared_resources/xvm/res.

- Does this need to change (it works now with what's described in 1)?

no need to change

- And what needs to change to display clan icon in, for example say, markersAliveExtended.xc where "clanIcon": { "visible": true, "x": 0, "y": -80, "w": 20, "h": 20, "alpha": 75 }, is used (by me) currently?

no need to change & used currently

- A new macro perhaps?

what for?

P.S. From changelog.txt

XVM-6.0.0:

* top clans icons now taken from the XVM server and tops list is updated daily.
  * added macro {{clanrank}} - Global map clan rating
    Values from 1 to 1000, and "persist" for persistent clans (WG administration and XVM friends)
    Detailed info: http://worldoftanks.eu/leaderboard/clans/
  * added macro {{topclan}} - returns "top" for top clans, 'persist' for persistent clans, empty for other

Short link